Poster une réponse 
vive le Mardi Gras et le Carnaval
Auteur Message
firosiro Hors ligne

vive le Mardi Gras et le Carnaval
Round the plus side, everyone appreciated the Thermo Pod's exaggerated mummy shape due to its balance of elbow room and heating efficiency. A sizable flare inside the shoulders allows you to extend your arms or easily placed on a thick fleece jacket, while a quick taper using the lower torso and legs minimizes dead space buy a sleeping bag. We learned that the bag are equipped for a great bit of condensation and perspiration before developing cold spots.

One detail worth noting: The extra-extended cords attached to the inside and out of doors zipper pulls created for quick escapes when overloaded bladders started screaming for just about any evening run.

Primary point here: Below-average loft as well as heat diminish the Thermo Pod's excellent sizing and breathability.

OUTBOUND BUGABOO M32

A thick, nicely detailed bag getting a comfortable, flannel-like lining and lots of functional usable interior space, the Bugaboo made an appearance, within the start, like the ideal bag for people ugly, snowy, tentbound days when you wish an in-depth, dark, cozy hole to crawl into and hibernate. But a few things got in the way. One was the bag's bulk it consumed another or maybe more from the midsize pack. One other issue might be the bag completely missed the aim inside the warmth and roominess groups for your metabolically challenged half from the crew.

Even if this Polarguard 3D bag was the fattest and heaviest inside the test, Kristin and i also (the two cold sleepers) automobile up shivering on 35 [levels] F nights. (Paul and Melissa snoozed happily if the dropped lower to the low 20s.) One problem was the super abundance of room inside. There is the fact chilly air streamed using the huge, floppy hood minimizing past the draft collar, which we're able to not cinch snugly because the sheer amount of fabric caused it to bunch and gap.

Fortunately, the bag's covering shown good water repellency and dried rapidly when laid on the planet. The rugged materials and overall construction quality promise a extended existence. Other nice touches are the puffy draft tube and collar, a zipper pocket round the chest, as well as the most snag-free zipper inside the test.

Note: The model name in the large version that Paul and i also tested could be the BugaBoo XL M36.

Primary point here: If you're a large-body or possibly a really warm sleeper, the Bugaboo may be the bag to suit your needs. It'll suck up pack space, there's however enough room inside for just about any party inside the forest.

Weight: Boldface number could be the weight of normal-size bag within the stuff sack considered on Backpacker scales. The second number was provided through the maker.

Compressibility: Will the stuffed bag occupy more/less space laptop or computer should? Would you like a magician (or gorilla) to stuff it in bed provided?

Loft: Just how will the bag puff up after unstuffing it or putting it using the washer? Just how does it loft when wet?
[Image: DofE-Sleeping-Bags-Tested-1030x579.jpg]
Roominess: Will there be roll-around and elbow room, or does over sleeping this mummy have you feeling like one?

Temperature Rating: Could be the rating positive (cold bags get yourself a low score), reasonable (okay, average score), or conservative (warm bags get yourself a high score)?

Weatherproofing: Just how will the bag's outer covering safeguard you from wind, wet ground, and condensation? Any cold spots across the hood, zipper, or draft tubes?

Ventilation: Just how can you awesome off on warm nights? Will the insulation breathe well? Will the bag's lining effectively wick away perspiration?

Durability: Just how could be the bag develop, and the way well does it endure heavy use and washing? What's your estimate from the bag's probable lifespan?

Ergonomics: Was the bag user-friendly? Did the zipper run easily? Were zipper pulls and drawcords no problem finding in the heart of the evening? Did the drawcords cinch the hood and draft collar snugly, or did they strangle you?

Overall: How near or far could be the bag from your ideal three-and-a-half-season sleeper? Note: This score is not typically other ratings, however a gut-level reaction to the bag's total performance how to choose a sleeping bag.

Record RATING SCALE

1 Poor, miserable 2 Fair, okay, but ... 3 Good, decent gear 4 Excellent, beats most 5 Excellent, superior gear

RELATED ARTICLE: warm SLEEPING Lady

Melissa DeVaughn

Outdoors author and dogsled racer Novelty helmet River, Alaska 5'4", 115 lbs., skinny

"I'm frequently a chilly sleeper, when you're pregnant altered that before test. Nothing can beat a nine-month hot flash to keep the particular cold out inside the forest!"

Favorite:

Moonstone. "1 love the extra leg room, as well as the extra loft and warm-when-wet abilities get this bag an excellent match for typical Alaskan weather."

Warmest:

1. Outbound 2. Marmot 3. L.L. Bean

Very very coldest:

1. Kelty 2. Mountain Hardwear

RELATED ARTICLE: cold SLEEPING Lady

Kristin Hostetter

BACKPACKER equipment editor Portland, Or 5'5", 135 lbs., sports build

"Call us a persons Pop-sicle. I am unable to can remember the before I desired to unzip a sleeping bag to awesome off."

Favorite:

Sierra Designs. "This sack packs up small, but nevertheless packs mucho BTUs. Plus it fits me as being a glove."

Warmest:

1. Sierra Designs 2. L.L. Bean 3. Moonstone

Very very coldest:

1. Outbound 2. REI

RELATED ARTICLE: warm SLEEPING MAN

Paul Cleveland

Outward Bound instructor and river guide Bellingham, Washington 6', 165 lbs., broad shoulders and slender torso

"Call me Mr. Metabolic rate. I'm hot. Being an inferno. It's a miracle I didn't burn a dent with these bags."

Favorite:

L.L. Bean. "This sack stored me toasty even when I did not remember my pad around the snow-camping trip. Relabel it the Sought After Chili Pepper!"

Warmest:

1. L.L. Bean 2. Sierra Designs 3. Marmot

Very very coldest:

1. REI 2. Kelty

RELATED ARTICLE: cold SLEEPING MAN

Jonathan Dorn

BACKPACKER equipment editor Emmaus, Pennsylvania 6'6", 225 lbs., tall, slim

"If you ever go to a really tall guy eating a Peanut bar and doing lunges inside the forest at 4 A.M., that's me trying to warm-up.Inch

Favorite:

LL. Bean. "Light just like a feather, lots of warmth, as well as the best hood I've come across.In .

Warmest:

1. Marmot 2. LL. Bean 3. Moonstone

Very very coldest:

1. Outbound 2. REI

RELATED ARTICLE: Notes Within The Field

Listed here are a couple of observations gleaned from tester notebooks which will help in making good decision: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/what-type...ave-stenie

[Image: 265667_12585_M2.jpg]

Draft collars: Test crew found reasonable to consider hard about traditional tube-style collars: the appearance in the yoke-style collar, featuring a free of charge-hanging flap that falls over shoulders as being a bib. For individuals who turn and toss, a yoke won't stay in place, nevertheless the still sleepers loved the ergonomic fit and insufficient a drawcord.

Microfleece linings: Several bags feature fleecy synthetic linings made to improve wicking after which-to-skin comfort. In below-freezing conditions, the linings been effective marvelously, swaddling us in warm, dry fuzziness. In milder weather, though, they collected more sweat than standard taffeta linings. Furthermore they were given stinky faster, which leads to more frequent launderings, and degeneration. One last peeve for a lot of testers: The brushed surfaces gain popularity fleecy extended johns and rough skin.

Lower versus. synthetic: You understand the score: Lower packs more warmth due to its weight and bulk, but synthetics handle moist climates better. Why did two lower bags top our ratings, despite lots of testing in time the wet Northwest? Since they're well-designed bags, clearly, but furthermore because the testers, similar to backpackers, choose to possess a lighter, smaller sized sized bag and risk somewhat discomfort.
(Ce message a été modifié le : 24-09-2017 08:37 par firosiro.)
25-08-2017 06:00
Trouver tous les messages de cet utilisateur Citer ce message dans une réponse
Poster une réponse 

Aller à :

Utilisateur(s) parcourant ce sujet : 1 visiteur(s)
ContactFundoxRetourner en hautRetourner au contenuVersion bas-débit (Archivé)Syndication RSS